Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] What is samba-tool domain join --machine-pass

Samba-tool domain join ...  --machine-pass

-P, --machine-pass  Use stored machine account password

What does this do, mean or whatever?  I want it to mean that I will specify a "machine password" for the samba-tool to use to put in the "secrets.ldb" file.

Yet, I believe I am certain it has nothing or maybe almost nothing, to do with that, but what is the option for then??  Wiki/manual page inadequate I think.

Barry Adkins