Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Index Corruption xBase database

from the man page. I've never tried veto oplocks. But it looks like something that might be useful...

       veto oplock files (S)

           This parameter is only valid when the oplocks parameter is turned
           on for a share. It allows the Samba administrator to selectively
           turn off the granting of oplocks on selected files that match a
           wildcarded list, similar to the wildcarded list used in the veto
           files parameter.

           You might want to do this on files that you know will be heavily
           contended for by clients. A good example of this is in the NetBench
           SMB benchmark program, which causes heavy client contention for
           files ending in .SEM. To cause Samba not to grant oplocks on these
           files you would use the line (either in the [global] section or in
           the section for the particular NetBench share.

           An example of use is:

               veto oplock files = /.*SEM/

           Default: veto oplock files =  # No files are vetoed for oplock
           grants