Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to set same UID and GID for ADDC server and all Member server

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 17:37:19 +0100
Dario Lesca via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, for now is a test domain, but, if it works great, why do not used
> it in a production environment?
>
> Why the DC Fedora Package  is considered experimental?

It uses MIT instead of Heimdal and not everything works.

> The last samba version is 4.9.2, Fedora Team have rebuild this
> versione and I have install this version ... without install compiler
> tools on my AD-DC

Yes, I know they have, but another name for Fedora could be RHEL
Experimental.

> Ok, thanks, I forgot on member server to set rfc2307, and set the type
> of winbind backend to use.
> In fact, I do not need have on the DC the same IDs of members servers
> I will only use the Samba AD DC for authentication and will not store
> data on it or log into it

OK, if you use the 'rid' backend, then you do not need to add anything
to AD, but you will have to use the same smb.conf on all Unix domain
members and you will not get the same ID's on Samba AD DC's.