Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to set same UID and GID for ADDC server and all Member server

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 13:55:08 +0100
Dario Lesca via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have setup a ADDC Samba server and a winbind member server
>
> I have see that same user have  UID/GID different  from  ADDC and
> member server
>
> # Addc (Fedora 29)[root@s-addc ~]# id d.lescauid=3000023(DOM\d.lesca)
> gid=100(users)
> gruppi=100(users),3000023(DOM\d.lesca),3000009(BUILTIN\users)[
> root@s-addc ~]# rpm -q sambasamba-4.9.2-0.fc29.x86_64

I do hope this is a test domain, using the standard fedora packages for
a DC is considered experimental

> # Member (Centos7)[root@s-dati ~]# id d.lescauid=1000003(d.lesca)
> gid=1000005(domain users) gruppi=1000005(domain
> users),1000001(BUILTIN\users)
> [root@s-dati ~]# rpm -q sambasamba-4.7.1-9.el7_5.x86_64
>
> And if I setup another member server, the UID/GID it's still different
> from the other servers
>
> It's possible to set UID/GID of all member server same that assigned
> on the AD server?

Well yes, but you don't do it that way ;-)

> Or set a specific UID/GID to all user/group?

Yes, it is called using rfc2307 attributes, add uidNumber & gidNumber
attributes to AD and then use the winbind 'ad' backend on the Unix
domain members.

See here for more info: