Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 multiple DCs replication

Le 22/11/2018 à 09:58, L.P.H. van Belle via samba a écrit :
Good its fixed now, but 1 question, just for me ..

Did you reboot both servers or did you only restart/reload the services.

Greetz,

Louis
I only restarted the services. (samba and bind). Maybe it wasn't required, but I did it.
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens
Julien TEHERY via samba
Verzonden: donderdag 22 november 2018 9:35
Aan: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Samba4 multiple DCs replication

Le 22/11/2018 à 08:38, Julien TEHERY via samba a écrit :
Le 21/11/2018 à 17:47, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:33:28 +0100
Julien TEHERY via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another thing, I see that only DC1 has OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS
(all failed
with an WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error)
All the other DCs have only an INBOUND NEIGHBORS and no OUTBOUND
NEIGHBORS
You have problems, all DC's at a site should replicate to
each other
and there should be replication between sites. Is something like a
firewall getting in the way ?

Have you checked the AD databases ?

Rowland
There is no firewall between the  3 DCs on the main site (same
subnet), however there are no outbound neighbors on DC2 and DC3
replication status
An yes AD db have been checked.

Know what, I just found out the problem.
CNAME records were missing, according to
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Verifying_and_Creating_a_DC_D
NS_Record
I addes them, restarted both samba and bind, and then all inbound and
outbound connections appeared,