Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba AD - bind - deleted DNS entries are not removed completely

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 21:35:29 +0100
Kacper Wirski via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> W dniu 21.11.2018 o 21:09, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:
> > On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:48:34 +0100
> > Kacper Wirski via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> So in my case - is it safe to delete directly using ldbdel or using
> >> windows ADSI gui ldap editor? Or is there another way? What is the
> >> right way to do it?
> >>
> >> something like:
> >>
> >> ldbdel -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
> >> -b"DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=com '(dNSTombstoned: TRUE)' ?
> > Close, the syntax is:
> >
> > ldbdel -H /path/to/sam.ldb The_Full_DN_To_Delete
>
> Thank You.
>
> I'm wondering though, isn't there more efficient way like "in bulk",
> based on anyof the common attributes?

You could do an ldap search, the result being the DN's of the dns
records that have 'dNSTombstoned: True', then feed the DN's one by one
to ldbdel, the only problem is that bug where some or all of your
static records are marked incorrectly.