Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba AD - bind - deleted DNS entries are not removed completely

W dniu 21.11.2018 o 21:09, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:48:34 +0100
Kacper Wirski via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So in my case - is it safe to delete directly using ldbdel or using
windows ADSI gui ldap editor? Or is there another way? What is the
right way to do it?

something like:

ldbdel -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
-b"DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=com '(dNSTombstoned: TRUE)' ?
Close, the syntax is:

ldbdel -H /path/to/sam.ldb The_Full_DN_To_Delete

Thank You.

I'm wondering though, isn't there more efficient way like "in bulk", based on anyof the common attributes?

You may or may not need to authenticate.

I read in samba 4.9 new features release notes about scavenging but
I'm not sure if it's the same thing as in the posted link and anyway
- this feature only supposedly works only in new zones.
Yes that's it