Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba AD - bind - deleted DNS entries are not removed completely

So in my case - is it safe to delete directly using ldbdel or using windows ADSI gui ldap editor? Or is there another way? What is the right way to do it?

something like:

ldbdel -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b"DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=com '(dNSTombstoned: TRUE)' ?

I read in samba 4.9 new features release notes about scavenging but I'm not sure if it's the same thing as in the posted link and anyway - this feature only supposedly works only in new zones.