Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Testparm CUPS warning

Thanks Penny,

i removed the "print command" and the message has gone and i understand it why. By the way it makes sense^^. I added this directive for testing my papercut application and forgot to remove it!

In SAMBA 4.8 no warnings were showed.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards

Micha

Perhaps this extract from 'man smb.conf' will help:

            For printing = CUPS : If SAMBA is compiled against libcups, then
            printcap = cups uses the CUPS API to submit jobs, etc. Otherwise it
            maps to the System V commands with the -oraw option for printing,
            i.e. it uses lp -c -d%p -oraw; rm %s. With printing = cups, and if
            SAMBA is compiled against libcups, any manually set print command
            will be ignored.

The last line says it all, you might as well remove the 'print command'
line, it is being ignored.

*Micha Ballmann*
Universitätsrechenzentrum in Landau
Fortstr. 7