Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 shares slow

Le 21/11/2018 à 10:13, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:34:45 +0100
Julien TEHERY via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there

I set up a POC domain with multiple DCs, multiple remote sites and
samba shares. This POC is a simulation of a whole samba3 domain
migration. Users, and groups have been imported from the older domain
to the new one.

Here's the setup:
("Remote sites" are actually different subnets on the same location
for the POC)
I take it 'POC' = Proof Of Concept
Yes it is :)
*Main Site*:
DC1 (RHEL7 - samba 4.6.4)
Where did you get the Samba 4.6.4 packages from, they cannot be the
standard RHEL7 ones, as you cannot provision an AD DC using the standard
RHEL Samba packages.

That's right, they have been compiled from source with ads support
DC2 (RHEL7 - samba 4.6.4)
DC3 (RHEL7 - samba 4.6.4)
SMB1 (Ubuntu 14 - samba 4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.14.04.14)
Why have you used Ubuntu 14.04 ?
Not knocking Ubuntu here, but 14.04 goes EOL next April and Samba 4.3.x
is already EOL as far as Samba is concerned.
Correct. The fact is that I informed those in charge of the former domain that they should upgrade their OS first, but sadly they don't intend to do it for now.
I have to deal with this..
Here is the thing:

If I try to access to an SMB1 share: absolutely no problem (fast
access, no acls problems)
If I try to access to an SMB2 or SMB3 share from a win7 client:
access is ok but extremely slow (acls are fine too)
Same access to SMB2 or SMB3 with smbclient is fine.

So..what can cause the win7 client to be very slow with only SMB2 and
SMB3 ?
I have no idea, please post the smb.conf from the Ubuntu machines.
I would also urge you to upgrade from 14.04 to 18.04, this will get you
a Samba 4.7.x version and you could then use Louis Van Belle's repo,
which would get you 4.9.2

Your problem could be being caused by your old versions of Samba.

Rowland

All SMB Servers have the same exact smb.conf:

[global]
   workgroup = MYDOMAIN
   security = ADS
   realm = MYDOMAIN.LAN
   netbios name = SMBSERVER1
   encrypt passwords = yes
   winbind separator = +
   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
   idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend  = rid
   idmap config MYDOMAIN:range  = 10000-70000
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   vfs objects = acl_xattr
   map acl inherit = Yes