Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Schema extension

Hello,

we have a single DC after a clssicupgrade and we need to extend the schema. So we created a attrib.ldif with all our attributes and a object.ldif to add the attributes to the "CN=User" Object. We tested the two ldif-files on a DC with only a few users and groups and it works fine. Then we did the classicupgrade (same NC as the test-system) we have more then 30.000 users after the classicupgrade. Then we did the schema extension with the same ldif-files. During the process the DB was reindexed. Then wie looked at a user in the "attribute editor" in ADUC of one of the users. We can't see the additional attributes. We reindexed the DB and got the following messages:
---------------
root@addc01:~# samba-tool dbcheck --reindex
Re-indexing...
Reindexing: re-keyed 10000 records so far
Reindexing: re-keyed 20000 records so far
Reindexing: re-keyed 30000 records so far
Reindexing: re-indexed 10000 records so far
Reindexing: re-indexed 20000 records so far
Reindexing: re-indexed 30000 records so far
Reindexing: re_index successful on /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC=EXAMPLE,DC=DE.ldb, final index write-out will be in transaction commit
completed re-index OK----