Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Win 7 NT4 Domain Login

Robert Steinmetz AIA via samba wrote:
I have a Win 7 machine which accesses a Samba NT4 Domain. That machine has been used by a single user for a couple of years. I need to change the user. I find I can log in using the old users name and password, but if I try to login using the new users name and password I get an error message that there are no login servers. Sometimes I get an error message that there is not trust relationship between machine and the domain.

I am able to login to the domain with the new user from a windows XP machine.

I'm completely confused how one user will work and the other user will be rejected.

OK,

I tried removing the machine from the domain and re-adding it. Now the old user can't log in either.