Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] getenv does not return any AD DOMAIN users or groups - ?nsswitch is not setup for Samba?

I can confirm that I can connect with Windows clients to the FILESTORE share and use it normally, but only as "Administrator" which works because I have a user map file setup that means I'm connecting with root permissions.

I can set the share and folder permissions with Windows tools, and those permissions stick in the mind of "Windows" but I suspect because Ubuntu/Samba do not have a connection to the AD Users/Groups and thus the settings made with Windows tools are failing to stick on the Linux box.

It does seem that if I can figure out the issues with the winbind setup or whatever, then I'd be complete with the configuration.

Barry