Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Is there a nicer way to restrict Samba to only provide user authentication?

On Sat, 2018-11-10 at 04:22 +0300, Andrey Repin via samba wrote:
> Greetings, All!
>
> I'm running a VPN server that only needs user authentication of all
> Samba
> services.
> Is there a nicer way to restrict Samba functionality to winbind only,
> than to
> block startup of smbd and nmbd services ?
>

> --
> With best regards,
> Andrey Repin
> Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:20:48
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...

Andrey

On some distributions you can install just winbind.  If you have to
have them installed, then not running smbd, nmbd or samba is one
option.  You could also use the firewall (ufw or firewalld or whatever)
to block access to ports.

BTW: Your English is fine.