Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 - DnsAdmins group dissapeared

Le 15/11/2018 à 11:21, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 10:20:41 +0100
Julien TEHERY via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I actually have 3 principal DCs

Samba version : 4.6.4 / Redhat7

All 3 DCs work with BIND9_DLZ as dns backend.
Today I added a new DC to my domain assignd to a site i previously
created with:

samba-tool domain join mydomain.lan DC -U administrator
--realm=MYDOMAIN.LAN -W mydomain --site=MYSITE*

*Then I tried to migrate the dns backend of this fresh new DC to bind
DLZ (as i did for every other DC before)
Why not just add '--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ' to the join command and do
everything at once ?
You're completely right, I wasn't sure it was possible.

If i try an ldbsearch or an ldapsearch, i can't find any DnsAdmins
group, even on the main DC.

What's going wrong?
No real idea, but if you are sure the 'DnsAdmins' group doesn't exist,
try adding it with:

samba-tool group add DnsAdmins --description='DNS Administrators Group'
--group-type=Security --group-scope=Domain -U administrator

It will either create the group for you, or tell you if it does
exist ;-)

Rowland
Well,  that's the scary point because it did create the group. That means something (i don't know) deleted it..
I'll let you know if happens again.

Thanks for your help!