Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba-4.8.5 and SCCM-5.0 Problem Extending the Schema

Thank you for the quick reply.

On 13/11/18 16:29, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Tue, 2018-11-13 at 15:53 +1100, David Minard via samba wrote:
G'day All,

	We are trying to set up SCCM-5.0. Our AD test is Samba-4.8.5.

	SCCM requires schema changes, and Samba is rejecting these.

	Anyone tackled this? Ideas on how to proceed?

	The output thrown by the SCCM exe (extadsch.exe) is:

Have you set "dsdb:schema update allowed=yes"

	Ah no. Done now, and we will see how it goes.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions

Didn't find this article. My Google Foo must be broken. Thank you for the pointer.

Take a good backup using Samba 4.9's backup tools first.

	Definitely.

Andrew Bartlett

--

Cheers,
David Minard.

ITDS - ACE - SSTaRS
Western Sydney University
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751

For IT assistance contact the Service Desk - Ext 5111 or
W:  MyIT.westernsydney.edu.au;
E:  ITServiceDesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Chat: MyIT.westernsydney.edu.au, login and click on "Chat";
P:  (02) 9852-5111. | Extn 5111

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.