Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4 AD Join to Itself

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 03:55:41 -0500
Michael Krier <mikecard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> centos is no longer supported?

Now where did I say Centos is no longer supported ?

What you cannot do is provision a Samba AD DC using the standard Centos
Samba packages, with the repo I pointed to, you can.

Whilst we are discussing this, I suppose I should mention Fedora, yes
you can provision a DC on the latest versions of Fedora, but they use
MIT kerberos. There are numerous problems with using MIT with a Samba
DC, things don't working or are missing, so much so, that a DC using
the Fedora Samba packages should be thought of as experimental and
shouldn't be used in production.