Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problem DNS samba_dnsupdate

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 21:47:13 +0100
Tadeusz Kasprzycki via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have configured domain controler in debian 9 (samba 4.5.12-Debian).
> Dns is internal samba. locally works well (I think) but from another
> computer I can not query DNS. The problem is with samba_dnsupdate
> My configuration:
>
> smb.conf
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>     netbios name = DC
>     realm = BEWPHOTO.LOCAL

I take it you didn't get the message that using '.local' is a bad idea.
If Avahi is running, stop it.

>     workgroup = BEWPHOTO
>     dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
>     server role = active directory domain controller
>     #allow dns updates = nosecure

The parameter value is 'nonsecure', not 'nosecure'

If that doesn't help, try adding this line:

dns update command = /usr/sbin/samba_dnsupdate --use-samba-tool

> cat /etc/resolv.conf
> nameserver 192.168.88.7
> domain bewphoto.local
> search bewphoto.local

'domain' and 'search' in resolv.conf are mutually exclusive, you
shouldn't have both, but if you do, the last one wins, luckily in your
case the correct one is last.