Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba with OpenLDAP (not a DC)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 14:00:05 -0600
dee heffem <dheffem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/9/18 1:10 PM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > It will update whatever you ask it to. You do realise that a Samba
> > DC doesn't need to sync passwords with anything else, it where you
> > authenticate from.
>
> No, I don't actually don't know much about this stack but what I will
> look into setting up a DC. If it involves joining the samba DC to the
> corporate AD domain, it will not be an option for me however.

No you don't have to join it to the corporate domain, you could use
whatever domain you like, can I suggest you have a read here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page

and then come back with the inevitable questions ;-)