Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba with OpenLDAP (not a DC)

> It will update whatever you ask it to. You do realise that a Samba DC
> doesn't need to sync passwords with anything else, it where you
> authenticate from.

No, I don't actually don't know much about this stack but what I will
look into setting up a DC. If it involves joining the samba DC to the
corporate AD domain, it will not be an option for me however.

> There have been numerous reports of problems with NT4-style domains and
> windows 10 i.e. they just don't work any more, so I would seriously
> think hard before setting up a new LDAP based Samba server.

Definitely need a solution that will work with Win10 so thank you for
the heads-up.