Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Manage Users / Contacts from command line

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:01:11 +0100
basti via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> to Manage users from cli I can use "samba-tool user <subcommand>".
> It seem that this is only for OU=Users.

When creating a user, there is a switch to create a user in a different
OU: --userou=USEROU

There isn't anything (other than 'samba-tool user edit' and this isn't
really user friendly) to do what you require. There isn't anything
stopping you writing your own script though,something around 'ldbmodify'