Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Error running "samba-tool dbcheck" after going from 4.8.6 to 4.9.2

I just tested Samba 4.9.2 on one of my DCs, previously running version 4.8.6. Immediately after install, I ran "samba-tool dbcheck" and got the following:

Checking 511 objects
ERROR(<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>): uncaught exception - 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 25: ordinal not in range(128)   File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 177, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py", line 157, in run
    controls=controls, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 222, in check_database
    error_count += self.check_object(object.dn, attrs=attrs)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py", line 2315, in check_object
    expected_dn = ldb.Dn(self.samdb, "RDN=RDN,%s" % (parent_dn))

The error disappears after going back to Samba 4.8.6. The underlying OS is CentOS 7.4.

Although the names my users use at logon don't have accented characters, several of them have them in their complete names. Several of the group names also have accented characters.

This is likely the same error reported under Bug 13616, which meanwhile has been declared as closed.

To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba