Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Avoiding constant HDD access

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 15:19 +0300, Albert Berger via samba wrote:

> I tried in sequence to start Samba in following conditions:
>
> 1. With all clients disconnected from Samba server;
> 2. As above + all shares disabled;
> 3. As above + minimal smb.conf
> 4. With totally empty smb.conf.
>
> In all cases those every-60-seconds writes persist.
> What else can be done in this situation? Can it be
> that some Debian/Raspbian patch causes this behaviour?
> Should I try to compile Samba from upstream?

You haven't said what version you are running.

But in general, there are essentially no specific Debian patches, we
work hard to keep those packages as upstream as possible, so unless
Raspbian has done something really odd (unlikely) there isn't any point
going upstream.

Andrew Bartlett