Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Add workstation to domain(nt style) - user to do that?

hi guys,

I had a user (as I understand root should/must not be used for that) which is in "domain admins" group(ldapsam backend) which now(it worked for many years) with win10 fails, at Win10 end's:

"The join operation was not successful. This could be because and existing computer account having name 'win7' was previously created using a different set of credentials. Use a different computer name, or contact your administrator to remove any stale conflicting account. The error was:

Access is denied."

Which would make sense if there was 'win7' computer in the domain but I cannot confirm that is true, the opposite, no such computer in the domain.

How to start troubleshooting this?

Many thanks, L.