Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Kodi crashes when trying to browse network

On 11/2/18 5:43 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
Its a headless server so in this case im unable to test from within kodi, atm.
But Michael count try to to adjust the maxprotocol from within kodi and see if that helps.

Kodi is a GUI app. There is no "shell" or "exit to shell" feature. It calls library functions and does not call the "smbclient" command-line tool.

Any changes to guisettings.xml requires entering the GUI and toggling the settings. I've tried setting Min Protocol to None, SMBv1, SMBv2. I've tried setting Max Protocol to None, SMBv1, SMBv2. No combination of settings works. Kodi crashes the same way (in libgenrand-samba4.so, opening /dev/urandom) each time.

This looks like a Samba bug so I'll file it.

Thanks,
Michael