Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Kodi crashes when trying to browse network

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 12:08:39 -0500
Michael Cronenworth via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/1/18 11:22 AM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > It is for a standalone server without guest access, it also will not
> > allow network browsing because of the default 'server max protocol =
> > SMB3'
> >
> > I think you need to understand that network browsing is going away,
> > you need SMB1 for this.
> >
> > Anyway, it shouldn't crash, so can you get a level 10 from when it
> > crashes and a wireshark trace would be nice.
> >
> > Once you have obtained the above, can you please open a bug report
> > for this.
>
> Rowland, I am not running the Samba daemon on the system that is
> running Kodi.
>
> There are no Samba servers on my network.
>
> Kodi is running as a Samba client.

No, it is running as a SMB client

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but from my knowledge of Kodi, I
thought it was used as a server.

Never mind same thing goes, when you try to browse the network, it
shouldn't crash.
Get the level 10 log and the wireshark trace and open a bug report,
wiser heads than mine will then decide just what is going on.