Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] smb.service fails to start after openSUSE Tumbleweed update

On 29.10.2018 20:12, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
Hai,

Yes that is know.

Enable and change the range to a, for you usable range, outside the current ranges.
Example:
idmap config * :  backend = tdb
idmap config * :  range   = 3000-7999

Now start samba and winbind.

And posting you smb.conf really helps of analyze things like this.

Greetz,

Louis

Hi,

thank you for your reply, Louis.  It did not help, unfortunately. I think the problem was in some broken dependencies, I couldn't find the real cause.  Bearing in mind that another similar server did not have such issues, I decided to reinstall everything from scratch, from OS intstallation.  Now everything is working fine with my old Samba configs, without any dances with tambourine (no winbind, nmb, etc., just my router's Unbound).

Thanks anyway for your precious help!

Best regards,

Alex