Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] change IP of AD DC

Hi Christian,

I had to change the name of the AD DC on a test setup (only one DC).
What changes do I have to apply for samba? This is using bind9_DLZ. Thanks,

if it is the IP address that you need to change, the one thing you have to be careful about is that the DC can find itself after the IP change.

If you set up you set up your krb5 conf correctly, then add you new IP address on the interface, then run samba_dnsupdate, check that both IP are in the samba DNS zones, then remove the old IP address, restart samba, remove the old IP in the DNS zone. Done it quite a few time.

And for the change of the name of the DC, like Rowland said, your choice would be to demote and re-join.

Cheers,

Denis

Christian

--