Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Joining to a Windows 2012 R2 DC

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:13:39 +0300
Taner Tas via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem that I mentioned above was related on Windows side
> (maybe misconfigured 2nd DC). Btw, when I do a
> new provision from scratch, error is gone but a new one appears:
>
> DsAddEntry failed with status WERR_ACCESS_DENIED info (8567,
> 'WERR_DS_INCOMPATIBLE_VERSION')
> Join failed - cleaning up
>
> At this I point, I need a certain answer for "Is Samba 4.8.x
> compatible with 2012-R2 function level for forest and domain?".

As a DC, no, as a a Unix domain member, yes

> Release notes say that Samba is compatible with 2012-R2 since 4.7. So

Where does it say this ?

> what should I do make Samba 4.8 to join an existing 2012-R2 DC in
> order to benefit this feature?

Join as a Unix domain member.

The problem is the different schema versions, Samba AD uses 47 and 2012
use 56 or 67

Try reading this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Windows_Server_2012_/_2012_R2_DC_to_a_Samba_AD