Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] backup of tdb files

On Wed, 2018-10-24 at 15:43 +0200, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> -<| Quoting Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@xxxxxxxxx>, on Friday, 2018-09-
> 21 08:23:26 AM |>-
> >
> > On Fri, 2018-09-21 at 11:29 +0200, Philipp Gesang via samba wrote:
> > >
> > > The goal is to have a domain member functional after restoring
> > > from a backup without re-joining.
> > Do take care that the password is changed by winbindd regularly.
> >  It
> > might not work any more.
> I’m revisiting this issue right now. Specifically, I’m looking
> for a means to have another process notified of a password change
> completed by winbindd. I had no luck so far skimming the man
> pages and source for hooks I could use.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

Could you use and track the last changed time?

eg stored in the key from machine_last_change_time_keystr()

There isn't any hook or message sent about this at the moment, but I
suppose a message could be sent on the messaging bus if you really
needed it.

Can you detail the use case some more?

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett