Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.11 Available for Download

				"I don't make jokes.
				 I just watch the
				 government and report
				 the facts."

				 Will Rogers

Release Announcements
---------------------

Please note that this will very likely be the last bugfix release of the Samba
4.7 release series. There will be security fixes only beyond this point.

Changes since 4.7.10:
--------------------

o  Paulo Alcantara <paulo@xxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 13578: s3: util: Do not take over stderr when there is no log file.

o  Jeremy Allison <jra@xxxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 13585: s3: smbd: Ensure get_real_filename() copes with empty pathnames.
   * BUG 13633: s3: smbd: Prevent valgrind errors in smbtorture3 POSIX test.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow@xxxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 13549:  Durable Reconnect fails because cookie.allow_reconnect is not
     set redundant for SMB2.

o  Alexander Bokovoy <ab@xxxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 13539: krb5-samba: Interdomain trust uses different salt principal.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl@xxxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 13362: Fix possible memory leak in the Samba process.
   * BUG 13441: vfs_fruit: Don't unlink the main file.
   * BUG 13602: smbd: Fix a memleak in async search ask sharemode.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze@xxxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 11517: Fix Samba GPO issue when Trust is enabled.
   * BUG 13539: samba-tool: Add virtualKerberosSalt attribute to 'user
     getpassword/syncpasswords'.
   * BUG 13624: smb2_server: Set req->do_encryption = true earlier.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn@xxxxxxxxx>
   * BUG 12851: s3:winbind: Fix regression.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.7.11.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy