Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba v3 works with LDAP, but not Samba v4

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 06:52:21 -0700
Emil Henry <hbcsc153@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> We need to work with the LDAP server, as we need the UNIX info for
> the NFS servers.

I think you need to find and talk to whoever the ldap server belongs
to. From the sound of it, you have the same users in at least three
places, in the ldap server, on your standalone server and in AD. You
could replace the authentication on the Linux servers with the AD DC and
extend the AD users into Unix users and nfs works very well with AD.