Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba v3 works with LDAP, but not Samba v4

On Tue, 2018-10-16 at 15:18 -0700, Emil Henry wrote:
> Hi Andrew!
>
> I included it in one response, but may have not done a Reply All. Am resending it.
>
> Thanks.

It is reading the hashes, so it looks like it is working.  Dumb
question, but are you really sure the password is right?

Otherwise, it might be some very odd NTLMv2 thing.  Try (on the client)
'client ntlmv2 auth = no' and 'ntlm auth = yes' (on the server) just to
rule that out.

Also please try with Samba 4.9, Samba 4.1 is very old and there may be
something else we have fixed.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--