Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows Server 2019 / Windows 10 LTSC can't access samba shares on Debian stable 4.5.12

Hello Rowland,

> There are actually 4 Samba processes:
> samba, only used on a DC and this starts any other required processes.
> smbd, this is the cifs process
> nmbd, the netbios browsing process
> winbind, authentication process

> The above is a rather simplistic view, but I hope you get the idea.

> on a standalone server, you need the smbd process to be running and
> optionally the nmbd process if you require network browsing.

I see. I don't see the smbd process with 4.9.1 but it works. Strange.

> Please define 'access', as in how are you trying.

Accessing a guest share (see the config files I posted).

> Yes, that is correct, Windows now as 'guest' turned off by default.

I see. I didn't know that. But that was my problem all along.

Cheers,
        Thomas