Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows Server 2019 / Windows 10 LTSC can't access samba shares on Debian stable 4.5.12

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 10:32:09 +0200
Thomas Glanzmann via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> when using samba 4.9.1 as a standalone filer, I need to start smbd and
> nmbd, don't I?
>
> I'm using:
> /local/samba/sbin/smbd -s /local/samba-config/common/smb.conf
> /local/samba/sbin/nmbd -s /local/samba-config/common/smb.conf
>
> However smbd. Seems to ignore my lock directory:
>
> (infra) [/local/samba-config/common] grep gencache_notrans.tdb
> log/smbd Opening cache file
> at /local/samba-4.9.1/var/lock/gencache_notrans.tdb Could not get
> allrecord lock on gencache_notrans.tdb: Locking error
>
> Find smb.conf and log files here:
>
> https://thomas.glanzmann.de/tmp/samba491standalonefile.tar.gz
>
> Cheers,
>         Thomas

OK, replace these lines:

        cache path = /local/samba-config/common/cache
        lock path = /local/samba-config/common/lock

        log file = /local/samba-config/common/log/%m

        ntp signd socket path = /local/samba-config/common/signd
        pid path = /local/samba-config/common/pid
        private dir = /local/samba-config/common/private
        state path = /local/samba-config/common/state

With these lines:

        cache directory = /local/samba-config/common/cache
        lock directory = /local/samba-config/common/lock

        log file = /local/samba-config/common/log/%m

        pid directory = /local/samba-config/common/pid
        private dir = /local/samba-config/common/private
        state directory = /local/samba-config/common/state

You will note that the 'ntp signed' line has been removed, this is on
purpose, it is only required on an AD DC.