Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows Server 2019 / Windows 10 LTSC can't access samba shares on Debian stable 4.5.12

Hello everyone,
when using samba 4.9.1 as a standalone filer, I need to start smbd and
nmbd, don't I?

I'm using:
/local/samba/sbin/smbd -s /local/samba-config/common/smb.conf
/local/samba/sbin/nmbd -s /local/samba-config/common/smb.conf

However smbd. Seems to ignore my lock directory:

(infra) [/local/samba-config/common] grep gencache_notrans.tdb log/smbd
  Opening cache file at /local/samba-4.9.1/var/lock/gencache_notrans.tdb
  Could not get allrecord lock on gencache_notrans.tdb: Locking error

Find smb.conf and log files here:

https://thomas.glanzmann.de/tmp/samba491standalonefile.tar.gz

Cheers,
        Thomas