Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Domain Administrator and shares problems

On 11.10.2018 11:25, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
Mandi! L.P.H. van Belle via samba
   In chel di` si favelave...

What I did, was to implement the smb.conf I got from Rowland. As I do
not want *any* Samba users logging on with ssh, the template
homedir = /dev/null, and template shell = /bin/nologin.
The other option is, setup a group in windows give it a GID and put the group in ssh.
I suggest this option, because setting an invalid shell to users have
some little collacteral effects, as the neet to explicit the shell when
you have to run script in behalf of that users (eg,  su -s /bin/sh
...).

Hi Marco,

In this application, Linux is strictly used for supplying shared resources to Windows users. Nothing else. The users are not allowed any kind of shell access.

Thanks for your input.

Peter