Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba server fails to save settings

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 22:38:10 +0100
Aref Taidi via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just want to create some directory shares so that I can access them
> through my MS windows 7 PC.
>
> I have done this many time in the past using earlier versions of
> OpenSuse using Gnome, this time it is KDE.

OK, if you don't want to use an editor to add the share and then reload
Samba, you need to ask OpenSuse why its package doesn't work.

Samba used to supply SWAT, but this was removed some years ago because
of numerous problems, this was the only GUI tool that Samba has ever
supplied. All other GUI tools are supplied by third parties and are
nothing to do with Samba, so for problems with these third party tools,
you need to contact the third party, which in this case is OpenSuse.