Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to disable NTLM authentication on Samba

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 20:38:02 +0000 (UTC)
Reinaldo Souza Gomes via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Whenever a client uses kerberos as authentication, it succeeds.
> Whenever a client uses NTLM as authentication, it fails (logs bellow)
> since SSSD can't support NTLM. Thus my question: what can I do to
> prevent NTLM from being used?? [2018/10/09 17:49:29.507046,
> 2] ../source3/auth/auth.c:332(auth_check_ntlm_password)
> check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [MYUSER] -> [MYUSER]
> FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS,

The NTLM request isn't coming from Samba, so how can it be anything to
do with Samba ????

Stop your clients from using NTLM, this will fix it.

I think you will find that trying to turn all NTLM off isn't really
feasible and you only really need to stop your clients using NTLMv1