Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] NFSv4, homes, Kerberos...

I was used to integrate some linux client in my samba network mounting
homes with 'unix extensions = yes', and works as expected, at least
with some old lubuntu derivatives. Client side i use 'pam_mount'.

Now i'm working on a ubuntu mate derivative, and i've not found a way
to start the session properly in CIFS.
If i create a plain local home (pam_mkhome), session start as expected.

Client are in DHCP, so it is hard to use 'normal' NFSv3 mount, eg
security by IP.

I've looked around at NFSv4/Kerberos setup, but i've not found a
tutorial, or some documentation, that seems clear (at least to me).

Also, for NFSv3 i use autofs. Better o use pam_mount instead?

Breafly, someone can point me to some good documentation? Thanks.