Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Panic when accessing share from OSX

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 05:02:37PM +0200, Ali SIMON via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm faced with an issue that I tried to solve myself for some time,
> but i'm now totally clueless, hence requesting your help.
>
> I have a Samba4 running on a CentOS 7 server.
> From Windows 10 client, it's working great (except I'm seeing some
> core dumps from time to time), I can authenticate and access to the
> server and browse the shared folder.
>
> The problem appears when accessing a folder from any MacOS client, the
> Samba server enters a Panic loop, and I have to kill it before the
> coredumps fill my /var partition.
> From such client, I can authenticate to the server, and see the
> folders inside the share, but as soon as I enter a folder, the issue
> occur.
>
> These are the system details :

> vfs objects = aio_linux acl_xattr snapper btrfs

This 'aio_linux' is your problem. It was an
experiment that doesn't work - it's been removed
from later Samba releases.

Remove that module and your core dumps should go
away.

It's not needed for aio performance (Samba includes
Volker's pthread-based code automatically now).

Jeremy.