Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Mapping user by ip address

On 10/5/18 12:17 PM, HugLeo via samba wrote:
Like that? Just two shares with the same path? Will be acceptable/stable?
I just need to inform for each user the correct shared name.

[share1]
    hosts deny = ALL EXCEPT 192.168.0.
    path = /share
    public = yes
    guest ok = yes
    only guest = yes
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    create mask = 0775
    directory mask = 0775

[share2]
    hosts deny = ALL EXCEPT 192.168.0.10
    path = /share
    public = yes
    guest ok = yes
    only guest = yes
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    create mask = 0775
    directory mask = 0775
    browseable = no
    force group = private
    force user = private

No, your second share should be only for "path = /share/private" and not public accesible. If you point both to the same share, the user that uses share2 will start creating files with the private group, even on the public directories of the share (because force group = private), making those new files and directories not accesible for the other users.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 12:47 PM Robert Marcano via samba <