Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Mapping user by ip address

On 10/5/18 11:11 AM, HugLeo via samba wrote:
Hello, I have a shared folder that everybody will have access without
user/password.

[thsprovider]
    path = /share
    public = yes
    guest ok = yes
    only guest = yes
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    create mask = 0775
    directory mask = 0775

However Inside /share folder I have a folder named private that can be
accessed just for a ip address.

I have created the folder /share/private.
chown private:private /share/private

In this way I negate everybody access. Now how to map ip address
192.168.0.10 to the private user?

I need to continue accessing the /share root folder but If I try to
access/modify just ip address 192.168.0.10 will have access.

Something like:

[thsprovider]
    path = /share
    force user = everybody
    force group = everybody
    path2 = /share/private
    force user = private
    force group = private

No with only one share, but if you can tell the users that will have access to /share/private to use another share for it, you can add a new one with

 [private]
 hosts allow = <ip>
 force group = private
 valid users = <users or groups>