Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] getent not showing domain users and groups with winbind but works with sssd






On 03.10.2018 15:38, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 15:16:50 +0200
Peter Milesson via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/3/18 1:09 PM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:45:11 +0200
Peter Milesson via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I have finally nailed down the problem with the non-functional
getent command when using winbind on a samba member server (AD
domain).

The problem was the entry

      idmap config * : range 3000-9999
No, it wasn't

I used the instructions in
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member
as a template when setting up the server.

Changing the line idmap config to

      idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
I have no idea why doing that worked for you, all you have done is
moved the range.

A change of the wiki page would be in order ;-)
Sorry, but that isn't going to happen ;-)

The smb.conf below works well against my Samba AD DC.
and this is mine that works on my Centos 7 VM:

[global]
      workgroup = SAMDOM
      security = ADS
      realm = SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM

      dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
      kerberos method = secrets and keytab
      server string = Samba 4 Client %h

      winbind use default domain = yes
      winbind expand groups = 4
      winbind refresh tickets = Yes
      winbind offline logon = yes

      ## map ids outside of domain to tdb files.
      idmap config *:backend = tdb
      idmap config *:range = 3000-9999
      ## map ids from the domain  the ranges may not overlap !
      idmap config SAMDOM : backend = ad
      idmap config SAMDOM : schema_mode = rfc2307
      idmap config SAMDOM : unix_nss_info = yes
      idmap config SAMDOM : range = 10000-999999
      template shell = /bin/bash
      template homedir = /home/%U

      domain master = no
      local master = no
      preferred master = no
      os level = 20
      map to guest = bad user
      host msdfs = no

      # user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to
set privileges username map = /etc/samba/user.map

      # For ACL support on domain member
      vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit
      map acl inherit = Yes
      store dos attributes = Yes

      # Share Setting Globally
      unix extensions = no
      reset on zero vc = yes
      veto files = /.bash_logout/.bash_profile/.bash_history/.bashrc/
      hide unreadable = yes

      # disable printing completely
      load printers = no
      printing = bsd
      printcap name = /dev/null
      disable spoolss = yes

      # logging
      #log level = 10
      log level = 0
      map untrusted to domain = yes

and this is the result:

[root@cen1804 ~]# getent passwd rowland
rowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/rowland:/bin/bash
[root@cen1804 ~]# getent group Domain\ Users
domain users:x:10000:rowland,...... long list of users.

All I can think of is, you still have sssd installed, I don't.
Or something else isn't set up correctly.

What do the following commands return:

hostname
hostname -s
hostname -d
hostname -f
hostname -i

What is in /etc/resolv.conf
What is in /etc/hosts
What is in /etc/krb5.conf

Rowland

Hi Rowland,

Seems that I forgot to put the IP address of the host in hosts. SSSD
is not installed. I wiped the previous installation, and installed
again. I was very careful not to install SSSD. The packages I
installed were:

samba samba-common samba-client samba-winbind samba-winbind-clients
krb5-workstation authconfig

When trying to use a Windows computer for administration (Computer
management) and connecting to the member server, there is a Windows
message that it was not possible to connect (problems with DCOM).
However, it's possible to browse the share on the samba member, and
create files.

Still works, after several restarts ;-)

Best regards,

Peter

hostname:    smbtest.samdom.local

hostname -s: smbtest

hostname -d:     samdom.local

hostname -f:    smbtest

hostname -i:    192.168.6.79
Oh great, the 'hostname' and 'hostname -f' test results are the wrong
way round. Try opening /etc/hostname in an editor and remove the domain
name i.e. I think you will find it is 'smbtest.samdom.local' make it
just 'smbtest'

hosts
====

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.6.79 smbtest.samdom.local smbtest

Try making /etc/hosts look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1       localhost
192.168.6.79 smbtest.samdom.local smbtest

Now run the 'hostname' tests again

Rowland

Hi Rowland,

I changed the hosts file, and now the hostname and hostname -f returns the same string (smbtest.samdom.local).

It seems to be on a good way now. What still does not work is the security tab for the share itself. When I get to the security tab as Administrator, it behaves like I haven't got permission. When trying to set/change ownership of the share, Windows shows an error message. That must wait until Friday, as I'm off tomorrow.

Thanks for you help so far.

Peter


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba