Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] getent not showing domain users and groups with winbind but works with sssd

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 12:13:58 +0200
Peter Milesson <miles@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are now hitting a bug in 4.9.1 that was discovered last week by
Louis Van Belle. It seems to be an interaction between Samba and
systemd, I say this because it doesn't affect me on Devuan.

Rowland
Hi Rowland,

I'm using the standard CentOS Samba packages. The current Samba
version is 4.7.1. The server is 4.9.1, however.

Hmm, I wonder if this has been going on for sometime ?

As I said, I don't get this error and the Samba daemons are started in
this order:
smbd
nmbd
winbind

 From the debian bug report by Louis, there is this
in /lib/systemd/system/smbd.service:

After=network.target network-online.target nmbd.service winbind.service

Which from my (limited) knowledge of systemd, means 'smbd' will only be
started after 'nmbd' & 'winbind'. This, in my opinion, is totally wrong.

If your version of the file is the same, try removing 'winbind.service'
and see if this helps.

Rowland

Hi Rowland,

Order does not seem to be important. I have tried to start the daemons manually in different order. Does not help.

As the self compiled AD DC works beautifully, I'll wipe the installation and compile Samba myself from the 4.9.1 sources. Being lazy and installing what's thrown at you evidently didn't pay off in this case.

Thanks for your help anyway.

I wish you a nice day,

Peter