[Samba] init_smb_request: invalid wct number
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 15:06:09 +0200
- From: "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] init_smb_request: invalid wct number
Im playing around with my XCP-NG ( open source Xen Server ) and *(trying to add the SMB Storage Repo.
The samba server is running ... Debian Jessie with samba 4.8.5
On the server im seeing in my logs. :
[2018/09/28 14:42:43.948555, 0] smbd/process.c:525(init_smb_request)
init_smb_request: invalid wct number 55 (size 106)
[2018/09/28 14:42:44.963470, 0] smbd/process.c:525(init_smb_request)
init_smb_request: invalid wct number 66 (size 106)
The server ( XCP-ng ) cointains samba 4.2.3, there i use the windows XCP-ng tool to connect to the samba share.
XCP-ng, Version 7.4.0, all i can set here is : \\server\path and a username\password.
What does the error message above mean, i cant find it with google.
Did i hit a bug involving smb. ( i noticed some work on smb bugfixes on samba technical )
In the end my goals
1) Connect the xen server to the smb share, but without modifying anything on the xen server, only use the Windows GUI.
2) Then i upgrade my xen server and see if above still works.
3) Custom settings should be preffered set in the share settings of the jessie server (if possible)
Anyone any hints/tips to get past this error, low prio, but nice to know before an upgrade.
it's not going to work, im upgrade xen first, but i like to have this "small" smb SR test also.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the