Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrade 4.8 to 4.9 with Backend-Change to lmdb?

Hi Oliver,

are there preparations for upgrading a samba 4.8.5 to 4.9.1 via
van-belle-repository to change the backend db? Is there some handwork
necessary?

it is not possible to do an inplace upgrade going from TDB to LMDB. In order to upgrade, you have to join a new server using the --backend-store=mdb option. I've done some extensive stress testing on LMDB DC in lab environment and it works pretty well.

By default samba-tool is still doing TDB provising, but I hope it will switch to default on LMDB with the next major release, because it is really a great piece of work that has been done here by Andrew and his team!

Cheers,

Denis

Regards,
Oliver