Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Linux multiple member server

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:36:59 -0500
Robert Wooden via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, one question at a time.
>
> Best practice would be for all the member servers to be the same "ad"
> or "rid" setting?

Yes, best practice would be to use the same backend on all Unix domain
members.

> Second question. (You mentioned new to old.)
>
> If moving data files *from* old ("ad") member server to new ("rid")
> member server with ranges as you suggested would correct my strange
> ranges?

I wouldn't call your ranges 'strange', they are just different. If you
are not likely to get a large amount of extra users, I wouldn't bother
changing your setup. If you do change it, then yes, it would 'correct'
your ranges ;-)