Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.7.9 dbcheck error

Am 24.09.2018 um 19:33 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba:
On Mon, 2018-09-24 at 13:51 +0200, Daniel Jordan via samba wrote:
Hello list,

I'm getting a weird error message regarding our file server when i
run
dbcheck on my
dc01 running Samba v4.7.9. The error only occurs on dc01, dc02 is
fine,
the file server also
works fine but I want to clean the database before doing the upgrade
version 4.9

dc01:~# samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs
Checking 4503 objects
SID S-1-5-21-3258148492-1502286889-3538134041-1601 for
CN=FS01,OU=Server,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=xx conflicts with our current RID
set
in CN=RID Set,CN=DC01,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=xx
Please use --fix to fix these errors
Checked 4503 objects (1 errors)

Has any of you seen a error like this before and knows if it's save
remove the entry? Don't want
to remove the fileserver from my ad, as some of my users probably
won't
be ok with that ;)

Thanks in advance!
I'm more interested in how you created that file server, because it
should be really hard to make Samba break this way, unless we got the
dbcheck rule wrong.

As to what --fix does, it doesn't delete the file server, it just
advances the RID set to ensure you don't get a duplicate SID later in
the domain's life.

Andrew Bartlett

Hello Andrew,

thanks for your answer.

We're using the sernet samba packages and beside this issue the installation
is running very stable.
After joining the file server we only added some shares, no special config or anything. So I can't really tell, if the error already happened during the join
or if something broke while updating or other ways.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Daniel Jordan
IT-Administration