[Samba] Purpose of /usr/local/samba/bind-dns directory
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:49:41 +0100
- From: miguel medalha via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Purpose of /usr/local/samba/bind-dns directory
I noticed that somewhere along the 4.8.x series a new "/usr/local/samba/bind-dns" directory is being created on install. It is created, and sits there empty, even when the bind DNS server is not used. This happens on an AD member server as well. Does this directory serve some purpose even when bind is not used or was it an oversight?
-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
- Prev by Date: Re: [Samba] Users cannot change their passwords
- Next by Date: Re: [Samba] DM: samba 4.5 -> 4.8, guest access and machine account access troubles.
- Previous by thread: Re: [Samba] Users cannot change their passwords
- Next by thread: [Samba] Joining a DC to existing AD